Last Updated 1st June 2018
How is your data collected?
Capel Vale Wines collects data in two ways; Actively and Passively.
- Actively collected data is information voluntarily provided by you by submitting a contact form, purchasing from our wine store, signing up as a Friend of the Duck member, or by communicating with our company where it is obvious what data you are volunteering.
- Passively collected data is information collected behind the scenes such as which pages you visit on our website, or the advertising campaign that brought you to our website.
We do not use passively-collected information to determine your identity. Your identity is voluntarily provided by you, via an ‘active’ method.
More specific details on the methods we use to collect data are described below.
Website Contact Forms
When you purchase wine through our website, sign up for a wine club membership, become a Friend of the Duck member or submit any other web form on capelvale.com.au, the information submitted in the form is collected. Generally, this will include:
- Your first and last name
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Your billing address
- Your delivery address
- Your country
Certain forms request other information, such as the products you are purchasing, the coupon code you have used, the wine pack membership you have selected, or your credit card details if purchasing through the Wine Shop.
Capel Vale Wines utilizes third party organizations to collect and process this information in a secure, compliant manner. For more information, see the section Who Capel Vale Wines shares your data with below.
Passively Submitted Information
Advertising Campaign information that is not visible on our website forms may also be submitted along with the visible information in our web forms.
- Campaign Name
- Source (e.g. Google, Bing etc)
- Medium (e.g. Paid Search, Organic Search, Referral)
- The search term you entered into search engine that bought you to the site.
- The content of the Advertisement that bought you to the site.
- Your Public IP Address
- Browser Type
- Internet Service Provider Address
- Referring page
- Operating system
- Date/time stamp when you submitted the form
Cookies and Beacons
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Most web browsers also allow some control of cookies through browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Web beacons (tracking pixels) are tiny transparent images embedded in ads on web pages to track how many users visit our website or view our digital ad to help us understand how users are interacting with our website.
Web Beacons and Cookies in use:
Capel Vale currently use the following cookies and beacons:
- Google Analytics – Privacy Information / Opt-Out. (We have enabled IP Anonymization in Google Analytics)
- Facebook Signal, Facebook Pixel, Facebook Custom Audiences – Opt-out or change your facebook preferences
- MailChimp Goal Tracking (Privacy Information / Opt-Out)
Other essential services in use that may set cookies:
- Google Tag Manager. Google Tag Manager is used to manage and serve the above beacons throughout pages on our website. Without this, we cannot control which beacons or cookies to enable or disable. Privacy Information
Web Server Logs
For statistical purpose, Capel Vale may collect website usage information and store it in log files. These logs files will contain standard information collected by web servers, such as client IP address, browser type, internet service provider, operating system and the like. This information is used internally to administer our website and to gather demographic information about our user base.
How and Why Capel Vale Wines uses your data
Directly collected information on our website is important to us to make sure you receive all the information necessary to use our products and services. You have landed on the Capel Vale Wines website and performed a ‘positive action’ by making an enquiry, purchasing wine, becoming a Friend of the Duck member or signing up for a wine pack membership, so we need to be able to contact you to provide you with the order or information you have requested.
Your voluntarily submitted contact details are used to:
- Provide you with Capel Vale Wines’s products and paid memberships (such as processing payments,
- Respond to your requests and questions.
- Communicate updates to our products and services.
- Communicate issues in our products and services.
- Communicate best practices and useful ‘how to’ information about Capel Vale Wines’ products and services.
- Request your involvement in reviewing our products and services.
- For our staff to communicate with you directly.
As mentioned, we use third-party services, cookies and beacons that may collect information about you such as the advertising campaign that resulted in you finding our website, and submitting a form (what we call a conversion).
Passively collected information is important to us to make sure we’re not wasting our money or time on marketing methods that don’t work, or building web pages that no one looks at. This allows us to focus our efforts in the right places, and build better products and services for you.
Passively collected information is used to:
- Provide us information about website usability, user interaction and number of users.
- Track and analyze trends and patterns to improve our website and online ads.
- Help us identify you as a repeat visitor.
- Provide you information on our products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Provide you with more relevant advertising online.
- Manage and track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
- Gather demographic information about our user base.
How does the data we collect affect you?
If we have collected direct information from you, you may receive emails from Capel Vale Wines, or third parties acting on their behalf, to update you on our products, services and offers, and emails or phone calls from employees at Capel Vale Wines, or third parties acting on their behalf, to make sure you are happy with your products, to confirm delivery or payment of an order, or to provide information on members only wine promotions.
If we have collected passive information from you, you may see advertising messages from Capel Vale when visiting other websites. This data is not personally identifiable but does make up the statistics Capel Vale Wines uses to analyze website activity. For example, your browsing activity on our website will count towards the ‘number of sessions’ and ‘number of unique visitors’ on our website.
Who Capel Vale Wines shares your data with
Authorized service providers
Capel Vale uses some authorized service providers to collect and store your data.
For example, the data you submit in forms on our website is collected securely in a database on our web server, and sent by secure email to our internal email addresses, before it is securely posted to our email marketing provider.
Capel Vale Wines only uses authorized service providers that guarantee compliance with the Australian Privacy Act 1988 and the GDPR, and where we have signed a binding Data Processing Agreement (DPA) with them.
We may share your personal information with authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include:
- Providing customer support
- Providing customer relationship management (CRM)
- Fulfilling orders
- Processing credit card payments
- Providing email marketing
- Providing marketing assistance
- Performing business and sales analysis
- Supporting our website functionality
- Delivering packages
Although these service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, they have entered into a contract that requires them to use your Personal Information only for the provision of services to us in a manner that is consistent with this policy.
Capel Vale Wines Employees
Individual Capel Vale Wines employees also have access to the data you have submitted to us, either actively or passively. We have policies in place to ensure your data remains secure and confidential and is never shared with third-parties without your express permission.
All online transactions through our website are handled with industry-standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption. Secure SSL means that when you enter your credit card number into our secure order form and press the purchase button, your information goes through a secure encryption process. This prevents any person on the Internet from seeing any information you submit. Your payment is authorized without human intervention.
For example, if you click to make a reservation at Match Restaurant by clicking on the ‘dimmi BOOK ONLINE’ button on our Match Restaurant page, you will be taken to a third-party website to complete the reservation.
We recommend that you consult the privacy statements of all third-party websites you visit by clicking on the “privacy” link typically located at the bottom of the webpage you are visiting.
How you can access your information
If you have any questions about the data we have collected from you, you can contact our Data Privacy Officer directly at email@example.com
Your choices about collection and the use of your information
When you submit your details on our website, you may be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email messages and/or newsletters about product updates, improvements, special offers, or containing special distributions of content by us.
At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails or newsletters from us by using the Unsubscribe option on the footer of the email.
You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt-out of receiving such messages in the future. Please allow up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request.
How we protect your personal information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure.
We want you to feel confident using our website. However, no system can be completely secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information by insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/ for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18.
Visiting our website from outside Australia
No rights of third parties
How to contact us
Capel Vale Wines
118 Mallokup Road,Capel,
Western Australia 6271, Australia
Liquor License Information
Warning: Under the Liquor Control Act 1988, it is an offence: to sell or supply liquor to a person under the age of 18 years on licensed or regulated premised; or for a person under the age of 18 years to purchase, or attempt to purchase, liquor on licensed or regulated premises.
Primax Pty Ltd Producer Licence number: 6180028639.
Lot 5 Stirling Estate Capel WA 6271: +618 9727 1986.